Competition Terms & Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2. The promoter is Beach Road Hotel (ABN 57 000 547 991) 71, Beach Road Hotel, Beach Road 2026, Bondi Beach (telephone number 02 9130 7247) (Promoter).
3. All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, Australia time on the date stated. The promotion commences at 12.01am AEST, on 18th May 2018 and closes at 18.30pm AEST on 22nd June 2018 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4. All entrants must be aged 18 years and over, hold a valid passport, and have the rights to travel in Australia (Eligible Entrants). Entries WILL NOT be accepted from directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
5. To enter, entrants must, during the Competition Period, purchase any Byron Bay Brewery product from the bar to receive an entry form. Entry forms must be filled out in full and placed in the entry box before the close of competition date (18.30pm AEST on 22nd June 2018) Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
6. The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
7. Multiple entries are permitted, however only one entry is permitted per Eligible Entrant on the Eligible Ticket.
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
9. The prize will be drawn at 19.00pm AEST on 22nd June 2018 at the Beach Road Hotel, 71 Beach Road, Bondi 2026, Australia. The draw will be conducted by a nominated representative of the Beach Road Hotel.
10. The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. Winner must be present in venue during the draw, and provide proof of identification to claim the prize.
12. There will be one prize. The maximum total prize pool value is $3500 based on the recommended retail value and the exchange rate at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
13. The prize includes the following for two people.
a) Return flights to Byron Bay. Travel will be via Sydney. The prize must be taken on the date/s time/s and location/s as advised by the Promoter or stated on the tickets. RRP$900
b) Return airport transfers to the hotel. RRP$180
c) 2 nights’ accommodation in a 4 star hotel (choice of twin or double bedding configuration, subject to availability) Guest credit card details to be provided upon check in. RRP$700
d) Brewery tour and dinner at Byron Bay Brewery RRP$200
e) Return transfer from the hotel to the brewery
f) Dinner at Balcony Bar RRP$300
g) $300 - $400 Eft card for other meals
14. All other costs and expenses associated with the prize beyond the specified prize components will be the responsibility of the prize winner.
15. The prize includes GST and taxes included in the price of the ticket. Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, or any other costs of a personal nature. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize-winner and companion. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination.
16. Prize travel and accommodation is subject to availability at the time of booking. Please allow minimum of 21 days’ notice when making the booking. The winner and their companion must travel together on all prize travel.
17. Prize travel and accommodation must be completed by 1 August 2018. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once tickets have been issued or accommodation bookings once the reservation is confirmed.
18. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of that prize.
19. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
20. The winner will be announced in venue by a nominated representative of the Beach Road Hotel. If no one is present to claim the prize, the prize will be drawn again, until a new winner is announced.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
21. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not being present at the time of the drawing of prize.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
22. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
23. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
24. The exclusion of liability in clause 23 does not apply to limit or exclude liability: a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
25. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement.
26. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.